Monday 8 July 2013

Depression

Hi Guys!

So this week is all about depression. Depression is something that anyone can suffer from, it is not age, gender or cultural specific, it is experienced through all cultures! 

Through my experience with depression I have learned a lot. I have been able to distinguish between general down days and actual depressed feelings. At my worse I didn't want to do anything, I had to find a reason each day to even get up out of bed, even if that reason was to go to the bathroom. There are different types of depression and the symptoms can vary. However, depressive disorder has a high co-morbidity rate with other disorders such as eating disorders, stress disorders, anxiety disorders and many more. No matter what group of depressives the person can fall into it can still have a huge effect on the persons life. It is a really hard thing to go through. The worst thing is that you can never truly be 'cured' of depression, you just learn to cope with it and manage it to the point where it will not have as big an impact on your life. 

There are still days where I don't know why I should get out of bed. There are times where I can just sit in bed and cry my heart out and I will not really know why. And 'Why?' is that question I want to know the answer to but I will never really know. I think one day I will come to terms with my depression and the impact that I (in a way) allow it to have on my life. I feel that at times I do not fight it as hard as I should and as hard as I know I can fight it. 

I have been diagnosed with depression since I was 16 years old, but my psychologist believed from talking to both me and my mum that I had been suffering from it for years previous to that and it had all just gotten too much and it had become more noticeable through my self-harm. My self-harm was my way to release the sheer and utter sadness that I had inside. 

Everyone has a different experience with depression. Just like with all depressive disorders you can not compare two people. Which is why all coping methods are unique to each person.

My depression is still something I battle to this day but I am ploughing through it and each day I find a reason to get out of bed even if it is to go to the bathroom and once I am out I figure I should stay up for the day. On these days I put on my boyfriends tracksuit bottoms and his big hoodie and lounge around watching crappy films and on the day if my eating is good I will eat popcorn and sit and talk to my best friends all day, But if my eating is not good I do not eat which is not the best thing to do. But the important thing it to try.


So this is a short synopsis of my depression, of you want more just tell me :)

Stay Strong My Lovelies

Kayliegh

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment